1. See by Chloe brocade mini skirt, $320 | 2. Erdem Adele printed stretch-cotton skirt, $670 | 3. 3.1 Phillip Lim wool-crepe shift dress, $625 | 4. MIH JEANS vintage belted denim tunic, $225 | 5. 3.1 Phillip Lim stretch-silk top, $250 | 6. J.Crew plaid stretch-cotton shirt, $78
What do I wear to my engagement shoot? Here are a couple of hints and tricks to get optimal professional photos. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Bold colors – While black may be the most flattering and slimming on you in real life, black does not always photograph well. Ever tried to edit a photo of someone wearing black and it just looks like their shirt is a solid block of black? Exactly – it’s difficult to capture details, highlights, and shadows when wearing black. The same goes with white clothing. You can stick to a dark color, but try wearing bolder shades that will pop in photographs.
2. Patterns – You don’t have to be afraid of patterns, but keep in mind that certain patterns can look dated. Stick to classic patterns that don’t overpower your entire outfit. Try choosing just one piece of patterned clothing and layer it with some solids.
3. Fit – Wear something fitted, but not too tight. Avoid overly loose clothing, as it can add weight in photographs. You want to be able to see your shape, not a pile of fabric!
4. Comfort – Wear something that you’re comfortable in and are able to move around while wearing. The look of discomfort definitely is picked up in photographs!
5. Be yourself – Wear something that is close to what you would normally wear. You want to look back at these photos in 20 years and recognize yourself! Avoid anything too trendy or styles that don’t reflect the true you.
[images from Net-A-Porter]