Sarah has a new favorite and wanted to share! How could I deny her?
This shot was taken at the Metropolitan Building in Queens. I just
love how this couple meshed style and elegance with the shabby chic
environment of their venue. The formality of their pose is a cool
juxtaposition to the busy-ness of their backdrop. Also, you can see a
hint of silliness in their smiles beneath this “serious” formal
portrait. It’s a shot that really makes you want to know more about
[image by Sarah Sloboda]
[check out Sarah’s new blog while you’re at it]
I don’t know about you guys, but I love getting mail….especially the snail mail kind. With this blog, I’ve gotten to know a lot of you and my fellow bridal bloggers, and thought how nice it would be to be able to send some holiday cheer everyone’s way! Best way I can think of is a Holiday Card Swap!
So here’s how it works:
- Send an email to me at brooklynbride [at] gmail [dot] com with Holiday Card Swap in the subject line by November 21 [day before Thanksgiving]. Include your name, address, email address, and website/blog address [if you have one].
- By December 1, I will have emailed you the names and addresses of up to 5 people to send cards to.
- Your cards can be store bought or handmade [think Gocco, glitter, photoshop, cut + paste, sewing, etc….]
- Send out your cards by December 15 at the latest!
- Wait patiently by your mailbox!
[this swap WILL be open to international readers, so pay attention to extra postage needs]